Offer University students enrolled in undergraduate studies in Engineering, Renewables, HSE, PROC (or subjects related), an opportunity to learn in a live scenario the trade of their education. Students will have the opportunity use their formal classroom education in a live power plant setting. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how their field is applied practically, and in cross function with other fields.
Shams offers two types of internships:
2 Month Internship
- Students will work for a minimum of eight weeks min in the department best suited to their educational background
- Students must still be enrolled in University (Internship usually a graduation requirement).
- Students must attend 90% of the time and complete internship with a presentation for managers.
6 - 12 Months Internship
- Students must be fresh college graduates, within one year of graduation
- The internship will involve research for the department they are working in, including helping to find solutions in the department where possible
- Student must present their research findings to management team at the end of their internship period
- Aim is to help bridge the gap between fresh grad status and finding the first job – this will help give them the experience needed to transition to workplace.